Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Idea Book


      Despite my fuzzy, foggy, sleep deprived brain, I actually managed to accomplish one small task today. I realize this is nothing new, and also a slightly outdated idea now that things like Pinterest are so popular. Magazines can provide great inspiration and information...however, they do tend to clutter and take up space. My way of keeping the inspiration without the clutter is to rip out the pages that I like, slide them into page protectors, and put them into a three ring binder.
     I keep pages that have unique collections of color...


      ...pictures of rooms that make me want to step into the picture and relax in them...


     ...A decor style that I like...


      ...Interesting uses for fabric...


      ...Great storage ideas...


     Over time, I have collected a nice little book that defines my tastes, and provides me with lots of visual inspiration for my own little projects.


     I like having a tangible collection of ideas, however archaic and un-technologically advanced that may be. And besides, its a great way to keep yourself awake when feeding a baby for the zillionth time! =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Abby,
    I do the same thing...I'm always tearing out photos and keeping them in binders..
    I am so happy for you and your husband, your new baby girl is beautiful and such a bundle of joy I'm sure for you both and your families. There are many happy and sweet days ahead with her.
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! :) I may have to copy you some time in the future!

    ReplyDelete