Monday, November 14, 2011

Fun with Elastic Thread


      I really love the texture elastic thread gives. I had a bit of fun recently with a shirt I made. I thought it was pretty boring looking so I decided to experiment. I sewed 4 inch lines starting at the neckline and going out...king of like a star. I sewed long lines down the entire length of the sleeves and more lines coming up from the hem. I added a band around the bottom after sewing the elastic lines.


      I don't particularly care for the ruching around the bottom, although it does add interest.


      I do love the neckline and sleeves though. I will definitely be using this method again to dress up a plain design.


      Elastic thread can be a little finicky depending on your machine. Once you figure out what settings work best though, it can be loads of fun and a real time saver.
     Have a stupendously fantastic Monday!

Psalms 24:1 The earth is the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment