Thursday, November 3, 2011

Make a Five Minute Belt



      As I've mentioned before, my toddler has a super little waist, so her pants have a tendency to end up around her ankles. Rather than go sew darts in all the waists of her paints, I decided to just utilize a belt. The only problem with my grand scheme...I couldn't find a belt small enough. Well, to be honest, I didn't actually spend much time looking for one, it was more a, "if I happen to be in a store and happen to think of it", type of looking. Since my shopping (and memory) failed me, I just made one real quick with some scrap fabric, elastic and a buckle.


        I cut a piece of elastic to fit around her waist snugly, and two strips of fabric equal to the elastic when stretched out.


       I sewed up the long sides, leaving the ends open.


     I turned the tube right side out, and threaded my elastic through. Safety pins make this so much easier!


       I sewed the ends shut, making sure the elastic was snugly sewn as well.


      Next, I looped the ends around the buckle and sewed them down.


       That's it! One cutesy belt for an itty bitty waist!



Psalms 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

Linking to:
Simple Home Life

2 comments: