Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Why I Love Thrift Stores

Because you can find wonderful little treasures for next to nothing, that's why. The trick to thrift store shopping is to go every week. Fifty percent of the time, you'll probably find nothing, but the other fifty percent makes it worth it. It doesn't need to take much time either. I usually spend 20 minutes max walking through. If nothing jumps out at me while scanning shelves, I keep moving. Here's what I got the other day, while zipping through the store, oh so quickly, with my two very unhappy to be thrifting kiddos. Excuse the bad flash pictures...it seems like it starts getting dark around noon these days!


     The basket will be spray painted. As I've mentioned before, I use baskets, buckets and crates to keep things tidy that have to be kept out in the open do to lack of space. Lidded baskets are great for hiding things, so I was really happy to find this one.


      This vintage shoe form was just too super nifty to leave. I don't know if its real or a replica, but I like it.
 

      Someday I'm going to have the cutest little boutique you've ever seen in your life, filled with all sorts of vintage, redone, and sewn things. You can stop by and sit on my front porch and look at my pretty flowers that I'll plant, (that my dog won't be able to dig up because it won't be allowed there) and I'll make you a cup of coffee. I'd offer you homemade brownies, but I can't cook worth squat so you'll probably be better off without my brownies. Anyway, until that happens, its sitting in my not so glamorous work room window with a few of my other interesting nick knacks. The air tubing really adds a nice touch, don't you think?



      This old lantern just looked, perfect. I love old lanterns. Its going to go on my mantel as soon as I get her all cleaned up.


       There you have it, perfect loveliness that only needed to be found. Have you found any fun treasures lately? Put a link in the comments so we can all take a look!
      Check back tomorrow for a fantabulous giveaway!!!

Psalms 36:7 How excellent is thy loving kindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

1 comment:

  1. I recently bought a bag of really old thread, lots of it on wooden spools that cost a mere 15 cents in their day! Thriftiness can be so fun. Glad you found some cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete